Active Citizens Fund in Croatia
Active Citizens Fund 2014-2021 in Croatia is operated by Community Foundation Slagalica from Osijek in consortium with SOLIDARNA – Foundation for Human Rights and Solidarity from Zagreb, Association for Civil Society Development SMART from Rijeka and CNVOS – Centre for Information Service, Co-operation and Development of NGOs from Ljubljana (Slovenia).
Active Citizens Fund priority areas of support are:
- Democracy, active citizenship, good governance and transparency,
- Human rights and equal treatment through combating any discrimination on the grounds of racial or ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation or gender identity,
- Social justice and inclusion of vulnerable groups,
- Gender equality and gender-based violence,
- Environment and climate change.
Programme is based on common values of respect for human dignity, freedom, democracy, equality, the rule of law and the respect for human rights including the rights of persons belonging to minorities.
Expected outcomes of the ACF in Croatia are:
- Strengthened civil society watchdog/advocacy role;
- Increased support for human rights, rule of law and good governance
- Strengthened democratic culture and civic awareness and engagement
- Enhanced capacity and sustainability of civil society (organisations and sector)
- Enhanced collaboration between Croatia and donor state entities involved in the Programme.
- Strengthened regional (cross-border) cooperation in the civil society sector.
Fund Operater will provide financial assistance of the Fund for projects addressing at least one of the above-mentioned outcomes in programme priority fields.
In addition, the Programme in Croatia shall address the following country-specific areas and concerns:
- Strengthen the capacity and sustainability of the civil society sector;
- Improve outreach to under-served geographic areas and target groups;
- Empowerment and inclusion of vulnerable groups, including Roma;
- Promote initiatives strengthening inter-cultural dialogue with special emphasis on national minorities,
- Promote initiatives aimed at intergenerational cooperation
The Active Citizens Fund in Croatia is supported through a € 8m grant from Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway as part of the EEA Grants 2014 – 2021.