Opening date: March 10, 2020
Requested contribution of ACF funding: between 90.000 and 150.000 EUR:
Available indicative budget for large projects: 3,15M €
Project maximum funding rate: 90 % of eligible expenditure.
The 10 % of co-financing must be assured by the project applicant and/or project partners. The means for co-financing of the project can be provided in money, or partially in money and partially in in-kind contribution in form of voluntary work. The in-kind contribution may constitute up to 50% of the co-financing.
Project duration: 24-36 months
Deadlines for submission of project proposals: two-step application process
Deadline for submission of Concept notes: May 11, 2020, 12:00 Croatian time
Anticipated deadline for submission of full project proposals: August 17, 2020, 12:00 Croatian time (or 1 month after applicants receive invitations to proceed with preparation and submission of full project proposals)
Each individual applicant can submit only one project proposal in this call (valid for all Outcomes 1-3 projects). Same organization can participate in no more than two project proposals in a partner role.
This Call for proposals has been designed to provide financial and capacity building support for Croatian CSOs active in one (or more) of the Programme Priority Areas
- Democracy, active citizenship, good governance and transparency,
- Human rights and equal treatment through combating any discrimination on the grounds of racial or ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation or gender identity,
- Social justice and inclusion of vulnerable groups,
- Gender equality and gender-based violence,
- Environment and climate change.
and whose social impact and own organizational development supported by the Call will contribute to at least one of the Programme Outcomes:
- Strengthened civil society watchdog/advocacy role;
- Increased support for human rights, rule of law and good governance;
- Strengthened democratic culture and civic awareness and engagement;
The support provided by the Call is aimed at building organizational and programmatic capacities of Croatian CSOs that share a common value base to address a social problem in a systematic and strategic manner, through the funding of a project that is relevant to the Programme’s Priority Areas and which is designed and managed in a way that is geared towards social impact. Hence, the Call is targeting civil society organizations with sufficiently effective management and governing processes capable of developing complex, multi-year project interventions, targeting the same social problem or needs of a particular target group in a comprehensive manner, with focus on social impact. Social impact project design takes into account the complexity of factors influencing the solution to any social problem and outcome of any civic action.
The call addresses the following country-specific concerns through different measures:
- Strengthen the capacity and sustainability of the civil society sector;
- Improve outreach to under-served geographic areas and target groups;
- Empowerment and inclusion of vulnerable groups, including Roma;
- Promote initiatives strengthening inter-cultural dialogue with special emphasis on national minorities,
- Promote initiatives aimed at intergenerational cooperation
Inter-generational cooperation and inter-cultural dialogue are horizontal priorities of this Call
- Call for large projects (pdf)
- Guidelines for applicants to the call for large projects (pdf)
- CHANGES: 05/08/2020 criterion of the number of participation of individual organizations in the role of partners with p. 7 added in the table of application eligibility criteria on p. 34; 04/14/2020 published correction in the tables of expected outcomes of the Program, p. 13-24 (clarifications of indicators) and amendments in the chapter Financial provisions of the Call, p. 28-31, related to organizational development, procurement of equipment / construction and the name of the cost category “staff costs”. On p. 34 added administrative verification criteria; On p. 38–40 Full project proposal adequacy criteria; On p. 8. under “Eligible Partners” added Croatia as a beneficiary country of the ACF.
Info workshops for potential applicants:
- March 12, 2020, Osijek, hotel Osijek (Šamačka 4, Osijek) from 13,30 to 15,30 sati (live stream will be available at CF Slagalica’s Youtube Channel
- March 31, 2020, Rijeka, RiHub (Ivana Grohovca 1/a) from 13 o’clock
- April 1, 2020, Zagreb
- April 3, 2020, Zadar
(July 21, 2020) Results of the first stage of application process